Friday, September 3, 2010

Prayers, please

Ok, so the baby bat phone rang this afternoon while I (Chris) was carrying it. A birth mother ("C") was calling to see if we were interested in adopting her 2 month old ("R"). Oh my! I talked to her for awhile and got some basic information. Mike and I then talked things over. We decided that since we have a verbal commitment already that we can't back out on her now and there is no way we could do 3 kids, with one being 5 months older than the other two. So I had to call C back and let her know. Please pray for C and R. She's tried 10 families and all have turned her down for one reason or another. Her husband is serving overseas so she's having to do this all by herself. We know there is a family out there for her. She just needs the strength to keep looking for them. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I understand your situation after having made a prior commitment but why would 10 other families turn her down? I don't get it. I wonder if I could start all over again with a baby? Hmmmm?
    m.

    ReplyDelete